Hi, we're in the process of building a CRM application and we're contemplating the purchase of a Metronic theme. I have the following questions:
1. We want to sell the CRM application to our clients. Which license if appropriate for us?
2. We have hired an agency to develop the CRM application for us. So how can I purchase the license and then share it with them?
3. The agency will be developing the CRM application using Angular. And the theme that we're considering buying is Demo 13 or Demo 1. As I understand the themes have limited items/components/elements for Angular (for example, https://preview.keenthemes.com/metronic8/angular/demo1/dashboard) and a lot more for HTML/Bootstrap (for example, https://preview.keenthemes.com/metronic8/demo1/index.html?mode=light&_ga=2.234577246.1159652666.1685797936-200312724.1685601188). So if we buy the theme for Angular, then my assumption is that we will not get the extra components for HTML/Bootstrap. Is that correct?
3.1. If that's correct, then the theme for Angular should be cheaper as the number of components are much lesser
3.2. If that's not correct, then I assume that the developer will have to do extra work to Angularise the extra HTML/boostrap components. Is that correct?
Thank you for your interest in Metronic. We believe that Metronic will be a perfect choice for your project as its powered hundreds of thousands of web apps since 2013.
1. If you sell your CRM to clients so they are setup on-premises then you will need a separate license per client. The license type per client will be either regular or extended. If the end users of the client's CRM instance charge the end users then the client needs the extended license, otherwise, the regular license will suffice.
2. You can purchase one license for your development, download the Metronic package and pass it to the developer. All future updates you can download for free and pass to your developer if needed. In the future, you can purchase the required license for your clients using your Themeforest account.
3. Yes, currently our Angular version has limited core/base components to get started. Static HTML components(HTML/CSS) can be reused in the angular environment but jquery and nonangular components require workarounds in order to use in your angular app. However, we support only currently released Angular versions and our support does not cover covering other HTML features in Angular.
3.1 Metronic is sold as a whole package and after purchasing it you can use its features separately. The angular version was provided as a bonus for those who needed to use Metronic page layouts for their angular apps.
3.2 Developer will need to put extra effort in order to implement other features that your project needs. However developing it from scratch without Metronic would require a few months in order to make a core app with auth, advanced navigations, and a responsive layout.
If you need any further clarifications please do let us know.
Thanks for your detailed reply. Reg. 1., our CRM will be hosted on cloud and will be sold to our clients as Software as a Service (SaaS). We don't intend to offer on-premise option to our clients. So in that case which license type is appropriate for us?
In order to use Metronic for your SaaS service, you will need to obtain one extended license. You can purchase the extended license by visiting https://1.envato.market/EA4JP.
With the extended license, you will be able to have unlimited paying clients, and each client can have an unlimited number of users who can access the service via their own page, subdomain, or custom domains. However, it's important to note that all pages must be generated from the central code that uses Metronic with an extended license. The extended license does not expire for your project, and it's a one-time payment only.
Please note that if you plan to create a second project, you will need to purchase a new extended license.
Thank you and have a great day!