Hello Keen Themes,
I recently purchased the Metronic v8.1.8 theme and have encountered some challenges during the installation process. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving the following dependency issues I encountered while running npm install:
1. npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: I received a deprecation warning regarding the use of firstname.lastname@example.org. According to the provided link to the MDN compatibility table, modern JS already guarantees Array#sort() as a stable sort. Could you please guide me on how to address this warning?
2. npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: Another deprecation warning I encountered was related to firstname.lastname@example.org. The warning suggests using utility frameworks like lodash instead. Can you provide guidance on how to proceed in replacing flatten with an appropriate utility framework?
3. npm WARN deprecated email@example.com and npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: These deprecation warnings suggest using String.prototype.trim() instead of the deprecated versions of trim. Could you please advise on the necessary steps to update the trim usage in the theme?
4. npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: I received a warning indicating that firstname.lastname@example.org is deprecated and recommends using @jridgewell/sourcemap-codec instead. How can I replace the deprecated package with the suggested one?
5. npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: The warning message indicates that the installed version of svgo is no longer supported and advises upgrading to v2.x.x. Can you provide guidance on how to upgrade svgo to the recommended version?
6. npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: This warning suggests using @popperjs/core for the new Popper v2, as the current package is dedicated to the legacy v1. Could you please guide me on how to transition to the new Popper v2 package?
npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: flatten is deprecated in favor of utility frameworks such as lodash.
npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: Use String.prototype.trim() instead
npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: Use String.prototype.trim() instead
npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: Please use @jridgewell/sourcemap-codec instead
npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: This SVGO version is no longer supported. Upgrade to v2.x.x.
npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: You can find the new Popper v2 at @popperjs/core, this package is dedicated to the legacy v1
added 1424 packages, and audited 1682 packages in 2m
188 packages are looking for funding
run `npm fund` for details
37 vulnerabilities (15 moderate, 19 high, 3 critical)
To address issues that do not require attention, run:
npm audit fix
To address all issues possible (including breaking changes), run:
npm audit fix --force
Some issues need review, and may require choosing
a different dependency.
Run `npm audit` for details.
To address the dependency issues encountered while installing the Metronic theme, I recommend trying to install the theme using Yarn instead of npm. Yarn might provide better compatibility and resolve some of the issues you're facing.
Please note that the reported vulnerabilities should not affect the generated assets as the theme utilizes tools for compiling assets. However, these vulnerabilities might impact Node.js applications.
To fix the dependency issues, you can try running the following command:
npm audit fix --force