Not sure what I'm missing - but I don't understand the following two issues:
1. the need for setting up and running the template from node.
- If I can run the demo by clicking the index.html in the dist folder, so why do I need to set up node and run the demo via localhost?
2. the need to export the demo from Layout Builder
- if I can copy paste the required pages from the dist folder and customise per /documentation/getting-started/customization/sass.html, why the extra steps in a couple of minor customisations via the Layout Builder?
- what is the major benefit for exporting, the documentation indicates it results in smaller packages - is the main point to eliminate any components that aren't selected in the Layout Builder?
I'm assuming there must be some more benefits that I've not understood.
I would appreciate any help to point me in the right direction to understand the benefit of these extra steps.
1. The NPM/Gulp/Webpack ext tools are used in your dev environment only to compile the CSS files and minify the js files from the source folder. In production, you will use the compiled assets, no need to set up the built tools. The build tools are used to optimize the development process.
2. The layout builder helps to export the partials of the page for your server-side integration.
For more info about using Metronic please check the Theme Documentation
and Video Tutorials
Thanks for this clarification. First time using Gulp/etc, and wasn't certain if it was for assets only, or if I had messed up my usage and going bonkers looking through the documentation.
Much appreciated for your support.